Good stuff to know.
Mydayis is available in four strengths to treat ADHD symptoms.
Capsule size enhanced to show detail
The right starting dose
The recommended starting dose for Mydayis is 12.5 mg once daily in the morning right when you wake up. However, if a healthcare provider finds it appropriate, adult patients may begin treatment with 25 mg once daily in the morning. Your doctor or nurse practitioner may adjust your prescription to find the right dose for you. Remember to take Mydayis exactly as prescribed, once in the morning with or without food.
For patients ages 13-17 years, Mydayis is approved in two strengths: 12.5 mg (recommended starting dose) and 25 mg (maximum approved dose).
Before taking Mydayis, tell your HCP about all medical conditions, including if you or your child
- have heart problems, heart defects, or high blood pressure
- have mental problems including psychosis, mania, bipolar illness or depression, or have a family history of suicide
- have circulation problems in fingers and toes
- have or have had seizures
- have kidney problems. You should not take Mydayis if you have end stage renal disease (ESRD).
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if Mydayis will harm your unborn baby. Tell your healthcare provider if you become pregnant during treatment with Mydayis.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. MYDAYIS passes into breast milk. You should not breastfeed during treatment with Mydayis.
Choosing the right formulation for you
Mydayis is a once-daily treatment.
Mixed Amphetamine Salts (MAS) formulations similar to Mydayis have been prescribed for over 20 years for the treatment of ADHD. Download our discussion guide before talking to your doctor about different types of ADHD medications, and what to expect when starting Mydayis.
Find Out More
- Triple-bead delivery gives you a prolonged dose of Mydayis throughout the day
- Extended medication delivery. Our triple-bead delivery gives you a prolonged dose of Mydayis throughout the day.
- Mydayis may help to provide ADHD-symptom reduction
- Improved Attention. Mydayis is for adults who could benefit from ADHD symptom reduction.
- Mydayis in the morning may help you reduce your ADHD symptoms up to 16 hours after dosing measured from 2 or 4 hours
- Once-daily dosing. Take your daily dose exactly as prescribed by the doctor. Mydayis in the morning may help you improve your ADHD symptoms up to 16 hours after dosing, measured from 2 or 4 hours.
- The most common side effects reported in adults were insomnia, decreased appetite, dry mouth, decreased weight, heart rate increased, and anxiety
- Potential side effects. The most common side effects reported in adults were insomnia, decreased appetite, dry mouth, decreased weight, heart rate increased, and anxiety. See Side Effects
- Take Mydayis 1 time each day in the morning right after you wake-up. Mydayis may last up to 16 hours and can cause difficulty sleeping.
- If you miss a dose of Mydayis, do not take your dose later in the day or double your dose to make up for a missed dose. Take your Mydayis dose the next morning at your regularly scheduled time.
- Mydayis can be taken with or without food but take it the same way each time.
Mydayis capsules may be swallowed whole, or if Mydayis capsules cannot be swallowed whole, the capsules may be opened and sprinkled over a spoonful of applesauce.
- swallow all of the applesauce and medicine mixture right away
- do not chew the applesauce and medicine mixture
- do not store the sprinkled applesauce
- Your healthcare provider may sometimes stop Mydayis treatment for a while to check ADHD symptoms.
- Your healthcare provider may change the dose if needed.
- Your doctor may do regular checks of your heart and blood pressure while you take Mydayis.
- If you or your child take too much Mydayis, call your or your child’s doctor or the poison control center at 1-800-222-1222 right away, or get to the nearest hospital emergency room.
Additional information about using Mydayis responsibly
- Keep Mydayis and all medicines out of the reach of children.
- Store your medicine in a safe place, like a locked cabinet.
- Don’t give Mydayis to other people, even if they have the same condition. It may harm them and it is against the law.
- Dispose of remaining, unused, or expired Mydayis by a medication take-back program. If none are available, mix Mydayis with an undesirable, nontoxic substance such as used coffee grounds, and place the mixture in a sealed plastic bag and throw it away in household trash.
- Understand the differences between Mydayis and other Mixed Amphetamine Salts medications.
Making the most of Mydayis
- Take it daily. Once you start your prescription, it’s important to take Mydayis exactly as directed by your doctor. Missing a dose could impact the way you respond to Mydayis. Set a "Wake up! Mydayis!" alarm on your phone to help you remember.
- Take it early. It's important to know when your day begins and ends so you can take your dose accordingly. You should take Mydayis in the morning right after you wake up. Remember to avoid afternoon doses as it may last up to 16 hours and can cause you to have trouble sleeping.
- Read up.The more you know about your ADHD, the better you can manage your condition. Learn as much as possible from as many different resources as you can.
Here’s a good place to start.
- Make the most of your doctor check-ins. Log your symptoms and share with your doctor. Were you more or less attentive?
Also, keep track of any side effects and share them with your doctor. Are you noticing any changes bothering you? Download the discussion guide.
- Get support. In addition to asking your family and friends to have your back, talk to your doctor about adding counseling to your treatment plan. Therapy may help you develop coping techniques and learn ways to manage your symptoms.